The organization: Young & Fair
Young & Fair is the Dutch platform for young people interested and active in the world of fair trade and sustainability. Through this platform, we strive to increase knowledge about fair trade and thereby expand the market for fair trade products. In addition, we see a role for Young & Fair to achieve more youth participation in the world of fair trade. For this, we organize various educational activities on fair trade and sustainability.
The team: Acquisition
The Acquisition team is a new addition to Young & Fair. It currently consists of a fundraising coordinator with strong support from the supervisory board. Our vision is to expand the multiple sources of income for Y&F activities to be able to reach a larger audience. We found it necessary to set up a team of young students and professionals who have experience in the fundraising sector.
Are you passionate about sustainability? Would you like to contribute your fair share of making this world a better place in a team of students and young professionals? We are looking for someone with proposal writing, acquisition, and relationship management experiences to grow our acquisition team in our organization. Preferable at least 6 months of experience in one of these topics. For example, in an earlier voluntary experience, an internship or professionally. This role consists of identifying fundraising opportunities, maintaining, and expanding existing relationships, and identifying new opportunities for donors, partners, and subsidy schemes. You respond quickly and adequately to possibilities for funding opportunities. You work closely with other team members and take responsibility for fundraising and communication.
What you’ll be doing:
- Researching potential sponsors/donors.
- Proposal writing and analysis
- Relationship management – communication
- Maintain opportunity reports
What we expect from you:
- Written and verbal communication skills in English and Dutch
- Being able to work communicatively and well in a team
- Pro-active deployment
- Be present at the meeting once every two weeks
- Experience with writing proposals and fundraising at any scale (pré)
What we offer you:
- Working together within a fun and varied team
- Support and (where necessary) guidance from professionals
- Space to try things and develop your ideas
- A great and educational addition to your resume!
- Working in an ambitious, young, and enthusiastic team
- An opportunity to make a positive contribution to society
The role will take up an average of 8 hours per week. There will be a bi-weekly meeting with the team. The meetings will be online at this moment due to the coronavirus measures. In the future, this can be changed to face to face meetings.
Are you interested in this vacancy and do you think you are the person we are looking for? Then send your CV and motivation in English to our coordinator Fiker Tsehaye (email@example.com). We look forward to your application!